If a chat or IM service says that it is moderated this usually means that someone is watching what is being put up online. However, you need to be aware that there are different levels of moderation and it is best to find out just what type of moderation is on offer.
- Technical Moderation – automated
- Human Moderation – responsible person who judges whether content appropriate
- Post Moderation – content reviewed after publication
- Pre Moderation – content approved before publication
- Reactive Moderation – content only looked at if someone has flagged up a problem
Posted in: FAQs